Wednesday 28 July 2010

Life ain't all bad...

So dad and I have an apartment out here. It's cheaper and better than staying in a hotel- substantially cheaper and more space and privacy. It's basically a massive Soviet throwback and looks kind of like my nan's one.



this is what I eat



this is where I wash my cotton panties


this is the view from my balcony, which is gonna collapse soon


this is where I watch wonderful Russian TV



This is where I brush my teeth and stuff, and re-enact bits of the Saw films


this is what I see when I wake up


I feel like I've bad mouthed Russia too much in these last few posts. It's not all bad at all. Just the place I'm staying at is a pretty small city (350,000 people). Also, the smaller places aren't as nice for English speaking tourists, who are likely to get fucked in the arse by local con-men so hard that all they can ever see again in their eyes is their wallet and dignity moving rapidly away from them.


Cigarettes are dirt cheap (£1 for 20... they don't even bother selling 10's), alcohol and food isn't bad, the women are very attractive and the streets are clean and pretty crime free in the way of petty things. Also, the money is all hundreds and thousands (thousand roubles= roughly £20) - which makes you feel like you're playing monopoly... makes blowing your money a lot more fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment